Autotype duplicate login selection box

2013-03-01
2013-03-01
  • Russell Grosvenor

When I login to sites using Auto-Type, and there are duplicate entries of the Title, a box pops up and shows me the duplicate entries and allows me to select one to use.

The problem is the selection popup box is too small to show the fields necessary to make your selection. For example, I have numerous Titles that use "Log In", i.e. Costco. The popup shows the Group, Title and Username, which in my example happen to be the same. Therefore, I cannot tell which one of the selections to choose.

Is there a way to make the box bigger?

Is there another way to use AutoType other than with Title identification?

Great Product! Thank You!

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-03-01

Is there a way to make the box bigger?

KeePass 2.x has a re-sizable Auto-Type Entry Selection Dialog

Is there another way to use AutoType other than with Title identification?

KeePass uses only window title matching. However, it is possible to reduce the number of duplicate matches using browser extensions and/or plugins.

The URL in Title Bar are browser extensions that add the URL to the browser's window title so that KeePass can use it for matching. These extensions do not modify KeePass in any way. Pages that list themselves as "Log in" will include the the URL and can be distinguished by KeePass auto-type.

Other plugins provide form-filling capabilities. The details vary according to the plugin.

Last edit: wellread1 2013-03-01
  • Russell Grosvenor

Both answers were perfect responses.
    Thank You!