KeePass 2.25 - Minimize to systray buggy

2014-02-16
2014-02-19
  • Stefan Kurtz

Stefan Kurtz - 2014-02-16

Hallo,
    i have interface/close button [X] minimizes main window instead of terminating the application and interface/Minimize to tray instead of taskbar enabled. But most of the time (especially when KeePass gets unlocked) it jumps to taskbar nevertheless. I then have to open/minimize manually once again everytime to get it into systray properly. Its also not possible to close the windows by [X] in that state. It has to be minimized then. That's very annoying. It doesn't happen every but most of the time.

Can you fix that?

KeePass 2.25
    Windows7 32Bit
    .NET 4.5

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-02-16

Check "Minimize main window after locking workspace" in Tools>Options>Interface(tab)>Main Window(section). Even with all these settings KeePass will still appear on the taskbar whenever it is not minimized.

• Stefan Kurtz

Stefan Kurtz - 2014-02-18

Hmm, doesn't help.
    But here's hopefully a better description. It looks like Firefox/KeeFox is involved.

I've put KeeFox icon into Firefox add-on bar on the bottom (grey key icon). When i click it two windows show up (main/child "Enter Master Key") and two instances are in taskbar. It doesn't matter if i just close the child window or enter the correct password. Both windows vanish but the main window remains minimized in taskbar. When i restore that minimized window it cannot be closed by [X]. It has to be minimized again ([X] doesn't respond). That's the annoying thing i was talking about. It happens every time when i open locked KeePass by KeeFox.

When i open KeePass by systray directly it's slightly different. Both windows show up but when i close the child the main window remains open on the screen (locked). This time it can be closed by [X] and it also vanishes properly from taskbar.

Firefox 27
    KeeFox 1.2.7

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-02-19

The problem is probably related to KeeFox unless it also occurs when you start KeePass directly. Your best bet is to seek help in the KeeFox help forum.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks