minimize -> taskbar, close -> tray

sors
2012-10-19
2015-05-29
  • sors

sors - 2012-10-19

This is just a minor UI thing, but right now it seems like in the options you have to choose between minimize to taskbar or minimize to tray.

I'd prefer if both were available at once (like it's done with most programs, I think): clicking minimize would minimize to taskbar and clicking close would minimize to tray.

• Paul

Paul - 2012-10-20

Clicking Close closes the program. This is standard behaviour for almost every program.

cheers, Paul

• Garret Wilson

Garret Wilson - 2014-08-20

Clicking Close closes the program. This is standard behaviour for almost every program.

Yes, "almost". But for task tray programs that stay running, there's usually an option for "close" to mean "close the window, but keep it running---don't exit". And in fact KeePass 2.27 has exactly this option in the Options|Interface menu. Awesome!

• sors

sors - 2012-10-21

Clicking Close closes the program.

By default, yes. But I'm talking about after you make changes the options. You currently can't have both minimize to taskbar and minimize to tray, you have to choose one or the other.

• Paul

Paul - 2012-10-22

Yes you can, that's the default setting.

cheers, Paul

• sors

sors - 2012-10-23

Now I've noticed that if there's a tray icon shown and I double click on it, KeePass gets minimized to tray.
    So I guess that's good enough.

• Yubs

Yubs - 2015-05-29

Using KeePass 2.29 on gnu/linux-debian-xfce.

The current options (under "interface") on this issue are:
    1. Close button [X] minimizes main window (...)
    2. Minimize to tray instead of taskbar

Currently, either both [X] and [-] minimizes to tray, or to taskbar. I believe [X] -> to tray and [-] -> to taskbar is also a natural choice of behavior and should be available as options (many programs behave like that, for instance, audio playback software). Something possible would be:

1.a Close button [X] minimizes to taskbar (...)
    1.b Close button [X] minimizes to tray (...)
    2. Minimize to tray instead of taskbar

In fact, I would go as far as suggesting ditching the 1.a [X]-> to taskbar altogether.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks