Improve Auto-Type entry chooser UI

2012-06-25
2012-11-20
  • Felix Nagel

Felix Nagel - 2012-06-25

What about to redesign the auto-type entry chooser dialog? Right now, its just a ordered list which makes it pretty hard top find the right entry. Especially if the list gets bigger.

I thought about some tree style list like in the main window.
    What do you think?

Thanks for this great piece of software,

yours Felix

• Paul

Paul - 2012-06-25

You mean the one that shows multiple matches after pressing the Global Auto-Type hot keys?
    You should try to set the matches so you only have a few pop up and set the title so it's obvious which is the correct one.

cheers, Paul

• b9

b9 - 2012-06-28

You mean tree style? blotter - files

It could be a "Details" button for Auto-Type entry chooser window , which show a directory tree

• Felix Nagel

Felix Nagel - 2012-09-03

Sorry for the late response. Something went wrong with SF notification mails :-/

Hey Paul, yes the one after pressing the global hotkey! Problem is I have about hundred entries which really similar config.

Yes, a tree style like in the main window, but even some indentation and more bold headlines would help to make navigation in a big list much easier!

• Paul

Paul - 2012-09-03

I think you are better off limiting the entries that match. A large selection will always be problematic.

cheers, Paul

• Felix Nagel

Felix Nagel - 2012-09-03

I think KP could need some UI improvements in this case as other password managers win by a narrow margin.

Anyway, my problem is that I'm not able to change the title of the browser pages (old, shitty CMS) and we would like to abstain from plugins. Any idea how to make this work?

• Felix Nagel

Felix Nagel - 2012-09-03

Ahh, and thanks for your support!

• Paul

Paul - 2012-09-04

It's either a browser plug-in or KeePass plug-in. Your choice.  ;-))

cheers, Paul