Menu

Security issue ??

Lah Kotno
2021-03-11
2022-12-12
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-03-11

I was starting to fulfill new entry but was interrupted in the middle by phone call. Application stood opend (and accesable) for anyone all the time and was not closed due to inactivity - either keepas either global which are set to 300 and 240 sec.

• Paul

Paul - 2021-03-11

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-03-11

thnx for the answer, Paul.

it makes sense - but I dissagree with this philosophy.

most important: human fails

any of stated solution would be better than leave database open. security first.

of course, only my opinion.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2021-03-11

You can install the KPEnhancedEntryView plugin. This plugin allows you to edit entries in the KeePass entry view pane which is not a modal dialog. KeePass will lock automatically if you leave your computer unattended. KPEnhancedEntryView can't add an entry but you can edit an added entry as soon as it is created. Other modal dialogs will still prevent KeePass from locking but the Add/Edit dialogs are the ones that seem to catch users.

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-03-12

thnx.

this - let say dissfunctionality (which is not), is not so important for me since I use keepass only for 'home' use, just to have all info on one place, not necessary to hide them.

I allways like to give a feedback to programmers/authors of apps as a small contribution for using app. I am somehow demanding user and beleive my suggestions are usually argumented. but decision is allways on author - if he/she agrees with me - fine, if not - fine as well.

Last edit: Lah Kotno 2021-03-12
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2022-12-11

I came to look around a bit, if the author of the program may have changed the approach to security - I see that the security of a program that tries to ensure data security still depends on the weakest link in the chain - the human factor (see my opening topic). what a pity.

• Horst

Horst - 2022-12-11

There is never a need to open that dialog just for using an entry.
      Don't tell us that you all the time modify entries.

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2022-12-11

English is not my native language, but I beleive I detected some offense in the answer. I am NOT criticizing your program in any way, and it is also not my intention, but I have only expressed my opinion. if you don't like it, ignore it. I see the functionality of the program as something like someone building a fortress with state-of-the-art security, then leaving the front door unlocked when they leave home - so, i just beleive that probability that I will leave the window with a new/edit entry open because something unexpected happens (and consequently the entire database to the first person who comes by) is significantly higher than anything else.
        thnx and br

• Paul

Paul - 2022-12-12

Horst answers are always abrupt - I don't think English is first language. He does not mean to be rude.

cheers, Paul