KeePass 2.21 Testing

2012-12-20
2014-03-10
  • Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2012-12-20

Hi everyone,

in order to implement a recent feature request (the 'Activate database' trigger action working during file locking), it was necessary to change the way how KeePass handles multiple databases (from a context-dependent way to a context-independent one).

This might sound like a simple task, but actually it was quite a lot of work (about 5000 lines of code needed to be reviewed and adjusted). Although I've tested the new code thoroughly, I'd be happy if more people would test it.

If you have some free time, please test all file-related operations (especially when multiple databases are opened) with the following development snapshot and report any odd things you find:
    http://keepass.info/filepool/KeePass_121220b.zip

Thanks and best regards
    Dominik

• John

John - 2012-12-20

Dominik

Many thanks. My limited testing showed no problems with one or two databases.
    I overwrote the exe and dll files into my KeePass folder. I use KeeAutoExec to open DB_2 whenever I open DB_1. I created a trigger which activates the DB_1 tab when DB_2 is closed. It is

Event: Closing database file (after saving) Equals C:...\DB_2.kdbx
    Conditions: none
    Actions: Activate database (select tab) File/URL C:...\DB_1.kdbx

Now, whenever KeePass is minimised, I see the DB_1 tab appears at the front, irrespective of which database had previously been at the front. Both DB_1 and DB_2 show as locked.
    When I use AutoType by ctrl/alt/a, I am now always offered DB_1 as it is the tab at the front (provided that I had not previously closed DB_1 myself), and I always type my DB_1 password to "get into" KeePass.

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2012-12-21

Great; thanks for testing it! :-)

• Paul

Paul - 2014-03-03

Dominik, I've been playing with this feature and found what appears to be an inconsistency when you close a database rather than lock.
    1. Create a trigger to activate a database when any database is closed.
    2. Load 3 databases.
    3. Lock KeePass and the required database is activated.
    4. Close one of the non-activated databases and the required database is not activated, depending on it's tab location. KeePass seems to activate the required database, then immediately change focus to the tab closest to the closed database.

I've pasted a screen shot and trigger.

cheers, Paul

~~~~
    <Trigger>
    <Guid>VjhhdcXQeEe187at5DC/eg==</Guid>
    <Name>Activate WUC</Name>
    <Events>
    <Event>
    <TypeGuid>jOremqgXSRmjL/QeOx3sSQ==</TypeGuid>
    <Parameters>
    <Parameter>0</Parameter>
    <Parameter>D:\tmp\1.kdbx</Parameter>
    </Parameters>
    </Event>
    </Events>
    <Conditions/>
    <Actions>
    <Action>
    <TypeGuid>P7gzLdYWToeZBWTbFkzWJg==</TypeGuid>
    <Parameters>
    <Parameter>D:\tmp\wuc.kdbx</Parameter>
    </Parameters>
    </Action>
    </Actions>
    </Trigger>

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2014-03-04

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue, Paul! I've now improved the database tab selection after closing an inactive database.

Here's the latest development snapshot for testing:
    http://keepass.info/filepool/KeePass_140304.zip

Best regards,
    Dominik

• Paul

Paul - 2014-03-10

All seems to be sorted now. Thanks for the fix.

cheers, Paul

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks