How does one sort the columns in KeePass 2.24?

Tessa
2013-11-05
2013-11-06
  • Tessa

Tessa - 2013-11-05

I have just downloaded and installed KeePass 2.24.

I noticed that the first column Title can be sorted alphabetically.

I wish to do the following:

After sorting Title alphabetically, how do I sort the second column User Name alphabetically?

Thanks in advance for the help.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-11-05

Click on the respective column header. A small arrow at the top of the last sorted column shows the sort order for that column. Each column has three possible sort orders: ascending, descending, and unsorted. If you want to sort multiple columns, sort each column in sequence in the reverse order that you wish the final result to be sorted (e.g. to create a final ascending sort by Title then User Name; First sort by User Name ascending, then by Title ascending.)

You can also customize the sorted results to suit your needs by adjusting the "View>Grouping in Entry List" and "View>Show Entries of subgroups" settings.

Last edit: wellread1 2013-11-05
    • Tessa

Tessa - 2013-11-06

What do you mean by "You can also customize the sorted results to suit your needs by......"

Could you illustrate by using a few examples?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-11-06

Try a few of the settings and see what happens.

• Tessa

Tessa - 2013-11-06

The sorts are NOT permanent.

As soon as I exit KeePass and relaunch it, the results of the sorts disappear.

How do I enable the sorts to be permanent?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-11-06

The last sorted column sort order is saved in the <ListSorting> element of the active Keepass.config.xml. It is not a database specific setting. If you wish to apply more complex sorting than single column sorting, you will need to re-apply it each time you start KeePass.

Last edit: wellread1 2013-11-06

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks