Password import from Dashlane

2013-12-02
2013-12-20
  • René Sartenose

René Sartenose - 2013-12-02

There is a nice password management tool called Dashlane and that is quite successful. I tried it but decided to switch to the free KeePass Password Safe, a good application too, what many other people will probably do. KeePass can import passwords from many other similar products and I think it would be great to include Dashlane among these products even if it wouldn't facilitate my task as I entered already my Dashlane passwords by hand into Keypass.
    Best regards to all of you.

• Paul

Paul - 2013-12-02

I see Dashlane will export to CSV. KeePass has a very good CSV importer.

cheers, Paul

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2013-12-20

The field order in Dashlane CSV files isn't constant and separator characters aren't used properly (e.g. the text qualifier '"' isn't encoded when it appears in data, which creates multiple possible interpretations of the data). As the generic CSV importer expects a well-formed CSV file, its use for Dashlane CSV files is limited.

I've now developed a specialized Dashlane CSV import module, which tries its best to interpret these CSV files in the correct way.

Here's the latest development snapshot for testing:
    http://keepass.info/filepool/KeePass_131220.zip

To try it, open your KeePass database, go 'File' -> 'Import' and select the new 'Dashlane CSV' format.

Best regards,
    Dominik

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks