sync iphone (minikeepass) via itunes?

Avishai
2012-03-07
2012-11-20
  • Avishai

Avishai - 2012-03-07

Hi,

I have keepass 1.21 on my win-xp laptop, and minikeepass on my iphone. They look great and seem to do what I need.
    However, I want to sync the db between these - without any dropbox or other web storage. Is it possible?

more details:
    I have the kdbx file listed in my iTunes and being sync'ed by the minikeepass app, and indeed the iphone seems to pull the file from the laptop. But if I make a change on the iphone the change is get reflected in the laptop…

within the laptop keepass the File  Synchronize menu lists "synchronize with file" and "synchronize with url" - neither eems to do what I want…

any suggestions?

Thanks!
      Avishai

• Paul

Paul - 2012-03-09

If you switch to KeePass V2 on XP you can use it to synchronise the file from your phone. All you need to do is copy the file to the computer, sync using V2 then copy the file back.
    Always test your set up on a copy of the database.

cheers, Paul

• Avishai

Avishai - 2012-03-12

Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using keepass v2. As you suggested, I can copy ("Save As" in itunes) the file from iphone to PC on another name, do a "Sync with file" on PC, and save back to iphone ("Add" in itunes). I tried it and it works. but this process is clunky and error prone.

I was hoping for something that happens automatically: i.e., somehow registering the keepass sync with itunes, so when itunes does its regular sync - it also activates a hook inside keepass to do the copy+sync+copy without my explicit involvement.

Minikeepass developers: feature request for you?

Avishai

• Anonymous - 2012-05-17

Automatically updating a file on the host computer during an iTunes sync is not possible.

You're unfortunately stuck with the method Paul outlined.

-John

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks