Column for Date the Password Was Changed

2014-04-19
2014-04-19
  • Jeff-Not-24

Jeff-Not-24 - 2014-04-19

Is there a way to see a column for the date the entries' passwords were changed? This is partially due to HeartBleed and partially due to my desire to start updating passwords that I probably haven't updated in years. Since Passwords are the most necessary field, I am hoping that there is a field for when this was changed.

Thanks ... Jeff

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-04-19

Going Forward: Use the Expires field on the Entry tab of the Edit/Add Entry dialog. The Expiry Time can be displayed as a column (View>Configure Columns...) and sorted in the KeePass Main Window. Expired entries will show with a big Red X next to them, and there are options to display Expired or Soon to expire entries at database open in 'Tools>Options>Advanced(tab)>After Opening Database(section)' and to exclude Expired entries from quick search in 'Tools>Options>Interface(tab)>Quick Search - Toolbar(section)'.

Last edit: wellread1 2014-04-19
  • wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-04-19

Is there a way to see a column for the date the entries' passwords were changed?

No, you can only see the last time an entry was modified for any reason. The Views columns settings are at View>Configure Columns...

You can look for a password change in the entry History, but only on an entry-by-entry basis. You would need to inspect each History entry to see when the password was changed. Also the History only covers its configured depth (File>Database Settings...>Advanced(tab)).

Last edit: wellread1 2014-04-19

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks