Is <OmitItemsWithDefaultValues> a settable option?

wellread1
2013-08-15
2015-09-23
  • wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-08-15

The <OmitItemsWithDefaultValues> key does not appear be settable. I expected that setting this key to false would have caused KeePass to write all settings to the keepass.config.xml file. It appears to be ignored. Is this correct? or am I misinterpreting the setting?

The ability to obtain a config file listing all settings could be helpful when building a KeePass.config.enforced.xml file.

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2013-08-15

OmitItemsWithDefaultValues is an informational property only, i.e. it describes the output that KeePass has created, but KeePass ignores any changes made to it; the serializer sets it to whatever it thinks is the most reasonable.

Having a method for creating a configuration file containing all items (i.e. including defaults) would indeed be a very nice thing to have. Added to to-do list.

Thanks and best regards,
    Dominik

• Paul

Paul - 2013-11-06

Any news on this?

cheers, Paul

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2013-11-06

If there would be any news, I'd have posted it :-) It's still on my to-do list.

Best regards,
    Dominik

• Ewen Cuthiell

Ewen Cuthiell - 2015-09-22

Another request for a user-settable <OmitItemsWithDefaultValues>, also for the purposes of building an enforced config file.

You mentioned that this change was on your to-do list; does that mean it wouldn't benefit from a dedicated feature request? (I'd like to avoid any chance of polluting the already large list of feature requests)

Gratefully yours,
    Ewen Cuthiell

• Paul

Paul - 2015-09-23

What values do you want to know?

cheers, Paul

• Ewen Cuthiell

Ewen Cuthiell - 2015-09-23

It's not me that needs to know the values, it's my code.

In my plugin, I'd like to allow an admin to export his own config file to be used by others as an enforced config. At present, the resulting export only contains those settings that have been set to non-default values, so a great deal of manual fiddling is required.

Suppose I wish to enforce the default value of checkbox A. I must:
    - change checkbox A to non-default value;
    - check config file to determine the name of the corresponding setting
    - paste the setting into the enforced config with its value inverted

Yours,
    Ewen Cuthiell

• Ewen Cuthiell

Ewen Cuthiell - 2015-09-23

Much obliged.

Ewen

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks