DB_Backup 1.0 is ready. It has two new functionalities:
1. you can use multiple backup destinations
up to 32.
2. Environmental variables in those parameters are expanded. This may not seem important at the first sight, but imagine the followin:
Have an .ini file like:
SET BACKUPDEST1=c:\Program Files\KeePass\
Now this start.cmd can be different on each of your computer and thus set the BACKUPDEST[NUM] parameters differently.
You can as well have these variables set as user or system variables.
1. Cannot use logical paths for backup, e.g. "My Documents" is not a valid path for the backup file even though the database is there.
2. The backup file should have the backup date as part of the filename.
3. Only creates a single backup file. It would be useful to be able to specify how many backups you want to retain.
1. "My Documents" - is really not a path. I don't know af any application, that would be able to use such a PATHs. If you right click on "My documents" you'll see the real path behind that.
2. I don't see the need for that, as you have the date in the file's properties (last access, last modify, etc)
3. This is being called housekeeping. I am willing to implement something like that, but very likely not in version 1.1, but sometimes later...
"My Documents" - is really not a path, but unfortunately Windoze treats it as such. It is more a nuisance than a problem.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.