Minimize to tray + start minimized/locked bad interaction (regression)

2013-10-20
2013-10-21
  • therealmeal

therealmeal - 2013-10-20

I have both these options selected, and KeePass used to start minimized to the systray. Now when I start KeePass, it starts minimized in the taskbar instead. I'm running the latest version, 2.23, and I'm pretty sure this started when I updated (from a version that was much older). Is this a known issue? Should I file a bug?

Thanks!

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2013-10-20

I cannot reproduce this. Having the two options enabled, KeePass starts minimized to the system tray, as expected.

Maybe I could reproduce it if you'd post your configuration file.

Best regards,
    Dominik

• therealmeal

therealmeal - 2013-10-20

Thanks for the quick response.

I attempted to reproduce the issue one more time, but could not. I normally only start KeePass once per boot, so I tried a reboot to reproduce, but failed again. So, it could be intermittent only, or some kind of heisenbug.. I know I've seen it 3-4 times now, only since updating to 2.23. It's a little annoying, because to get the app back to the systray from that state, I have to restore, close the password box, then close the window. For whatever reason, the minimize button doesn't work when it's in that state (maybe that's a clue?). FWIW, I'm running Windows 7 and use a portable install.

I'll update this thread if I see it again. Any way to collect debugging info/etc if it happens again?

Thanks,
    Doug

• Paul

Paul - 2013-10-21

Maybe you attempt to run KeePass a second time, then pop some other program in front?

cheers, Paul

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks