Multi-User by Multi-Database-Files

2005-04-02
2012-11-20
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

I dont understand the problem. Have a look at 1PWPro (only available in german). Every user has got his own Database and his own password.

If you click on tray icon an little window is openend and asks which database is to open (drop down menu shows possible databases (the associated user names), then the user choose his database, types in his password and the database will be opened. To switch user you have to go the same way, the current user database is closed automatically before the new is opened.

This is already possible in KeePass, but you have to open an user and navigate to file menu to open an other database...

Therefore it is necessary that the individual settings (ini) are stored in the crypted database.

What do you think?

Chrisi

(sorry for broken english :)

• Paul

Paul - 2005-04-02

If you have multiple users, make a litle script that passes their database file name to the command line.

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

this is not really an option. Some things can be done by scripts, but it is more comfortable to make a simply click in an application or to press a shortcut.

Take some scripts, put them together, give them a gui and you get a win application...

Chrisi

• Paul

Paul - 2005-04-03

The individual settings are stored in individual ini files. Make the Keepass directory read-only and the ini file will be crearted in the user's directory (look in the Help file, FAQ, My options aren't saved).

cheers, Paul

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

Did you read my post above? (look in the help file/faq: How to read a posting. :)

• Paul

Paul - 2005-04-04

And I re-read your first post and attempted to answer it better.

cheers, Paul

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks