Reopening workspace is slow!

HarryD
2013-04-10
2013-04-11
  • HarryD

HarryD - 2013-04-10

I have my Keepass database on a server and I use SFTP to get to it. That feels secure but it is also very slow in my case. To login and open the database takes some 20 to 30 seconds altogether.

Every time the workspace has to be unlocked, I have to go through this. The strong Master Passwords/phrases used make it a pain in the keepass!

1 - Is there a way to improve the performance? (BTW, accessing the same SFTP server with FileZilla is a lot faster, so the server is not to blame here, I think.)
    2 - For future development: Would it be an idea to lock the workspace with its own password, independent of the databases loaded, and to reload all the databases on unlock without having to type in the Master Passwords?

• Paul

Paul - 2013-04-10

2 - KeePass has 2 modes, locked, where all memory is cleared, or unlocked, where the database is decrypted and stored in memory. Adding an extra layer of apparent security doesn't make sense.

It would be easier to store the database locally and sync to the FTP server via a trigger.

cheers, Paul

Last edit: Paul 2013-04-11
  • HarryD

HarryD - 2013-04-11

SFTP will protect my login data. That's why I'd prefer it.

I don't follow the "sync via a trigger" remark. What's the page in the manual explaining that?

BTW is there a deployment manual explaining the most useful ways to use Keepass? I understand there was a trimmed down version of the program itself made for an application because of the many options confusing users. Just a user guide would be quite helpful too. Maybe I've missed it?

Last edit: HarryD 2013-04-11