Locking with dialogue open

NickM
2011-06-05
2012-11-20
  • Gordon Venem
    Gordon Venem
    2011-08-23

But what if you edit an existing entry and later find out you didn't want to keep the changes. You won't be able to cancel editing.

• Scott
    Scott
    2011-08-23

gord,  There is already an option on the history tab to revert back to an earlier version.  I don't see why the user could not utilize this feature.

• Anonymous
    2012-09-06

I accept the reasons for when there are changes pending. But when no changes exist (which is 95% of the time), and we just leave the Edit Entry open after copying the password and we just forget to close it I think the program should lock the workspace because nothing is lost…

• Alex Angelico
    Alex Angelico
    2012-09-12

Hi,
    As we know, letting the Edit Entry dialog open stop the workspace from locking. At the FAQ you can read  "This simple concept avoids all the problems above. The user is responsible for the state of the program."

I think the whole point of the automatic lock is for when you forget to lock/close the program. If the user is responsible for the stat of the program, just remove the lock feature. I'll just lock the database every time I want to.

But I think the lock option is there for locking the database when you leave your desk for, lets say, go to grab a mug of coffe, and forget to lock the database.

A biggest issue is, if you lock your workstation, the KeePass lock feature doesn't work if the Edit Entry dialog it's open.

I think this option should be reviewed. I think the risk for letting the database open is bigger than losing the last changes (that I think can be recovered with the history)

Thanks
    Alex