Password Injection fails with PGP key. V2.21

2013-02-25
2013-02-25
  • Mike Maurice

Mike Maurice - 2013-02-25
    1. I have discovered a bug where the bit pattern of apparently identical passwords is not the same, 104 versus 107 bits. Is this a bug?
    2. If you have two lockbox files (.kbdx) open at the same time with similar entries for the same PGP key(pinentry), the ctrl-v will not work nor the ctrl-alt-A; in the latter case the inject happens but the password acceptance fails. Typing the string in by hand works. Closing down the second lockbox seems to solve the problem. I intend to test this out more thoroughly, but I am suspicious that two boxes open at the same time may have problems which other users should be on guard about.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-02-25

I have discovered a bug where the bit pattern of apparently identical passwords is not the same, 104 versus 107 bits. Is this a bug?

The KeePass Quality indicator is an estimator. Similar but non-identical passwords can produce different estimates. Can you describe in a little more detail what your mean by "apparently identical".

If you have two lockbox files (.kbdx) open at the same time with similar entries for the same PGP key(pinentry), the ctrl-v will not work nor the ctrl-alt-A;...

If you are not using KeePass 2.21 try upgrading.

For me, KeePass 2.21, Global Auto-Type (Ctrl-Al-A) and Perform Auto-Type (Ctrl-V) works correctly when multiple databases are open. When multiple entries, matching a given Window Title, exist in different open password databases (.kdbx files), KeePass displays an "Entry Selection Dialog" window. If KeePass did not display that window, then only one entry matched.

If you have TCATO enabled for the entry that is auto-typing, try disabling it.

Particular applications can misbehave during auto-type if they behave in a non-standard way when receiving auto-type input. It would be helpful if you could provide sufficient details so that forum members could attempt to reproduce the fault you are observing. One of the best ways to do this is to describe the steps required to demonstrate the fault while auto-typing into Notepad.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks