Recommendations on storing plugin configuration

2014-05-10
2014-05-13
  • Jose Quintero

Jose Quintero - 2014-05-10

I'm currently working on a plugin where I need to store some settings related to the plugin. I want to use built in KeyPass features as much as I can for storing/retrieving settings and for allowing the user to change those settings. Right now I'm storing the settings in a separate file as XML and I have created a new dialog to allow the user to change these settings. The dialog is accessed via a menu option. Is there a straightforward way to tap into the built in Options dialog and add a tab for the plugin options? Is there a recommended way to handle this?

• David Lechner

David Lechner - 2014-05-10

I've done this with one of my plugins: https://github.com/dlech/KeeAgent/blob/master/KeeAgent/KeeAgentExt.cs

The gist of it is that you add a listener to the GlobalWindowManager.WindowAdded event. Check the type of the window that was added. If it is KeePass.Ui.OptionsForm, then add your tab.

• Jose Quintero

Jose Quintero - 2014-05-13

Thanks for the example. This helps a lot! I've used the WindowAdded event to add some custom menu items to the password form but I wasn't sure how the rest of the config load/persistence worked.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks