[Feature request] - new column "pi...

Glide3
2012-11-14
2012-12-06
  • Glide3

Glide3 - 2012-11-14

Hi, firstly … what a amazing piece of software. Should be default with Windows 7 / 8 install ;)

My suggestion:
    Adding a new column optional column "Pin Code" or "alternative / secondary password"

Motivation:
    Many internet sites, banking sites and banking softwares (smart card software), advanced wifi setups etc. that I have worked with in the past have a "username or account number", a "password" and finally a "pin code or secondary password". Its a pain to have to go and look in the sometimes very verbose (full of info / text) notes section for the pin and copy / paste it.

If this feature already exists I apologize for the waste of time, but could someone please assist in how this feature is use / activated.

Many thanks
    Kind Regards
    Glide3 / Rory

• Paul

Paul - 2012-11-14

KeePass allows you to add extra fields via the "Advanced" tab.
    The plug-in KPEntryTemplates allows you to easily manage the additional fields.

cheers, Paul

• Glide3

Glide3 - 2012-12-06

Great answer Paul. Thanks for info. Never played with the advanced tab before, I should have explored a little more before asking it seems.

The plugin is probably going to make the additional fields section easier to interface with.
    Sadly I have noticed the official http://keepass.info site seems to be down. Not sure if this is a temp routing issue, migration to SF...etc but its been like this for me for 1 week or so.

Will test this asap and get back to this forum with thoughts if I can test the plugin.

Is the plugin reachable from somewhere else?

cheers, Rory

• Paul

Paul - 2012-12-06

Must be an issue with your machine or ISP. The site has not been down for me.

cheers, Paul