Font in Entry dialog box too small

SynApps
2014-05-23
2014-05-24
  • SynApps

SynApps - 2014-05-23

I am able to increase the font for the main interface and the password fields by using the standard options in KeePass, but changing the font in the main interface should also change the font on the edit dialog box. My eyes are not so great and although I have a very large screen, the KeePass font is probably the smallest I work with from day to day. It is just too small. Any way to increase this? Can we request an update or a menu option or at least a registry hack? Thanks.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-05-23

The edit entry dialog box size and font size tracks the system font size which can be increased via the Display control in Windows Control Panel. I suspect the edit entry dialog fonts are fixed because the edit entry dialog box size is not adjustable (except via Control Panel).

• SynApps

SynApps - 2014-05-24

But the font size of the Password fields (and only those fields) is adjustable, so the conclusion doesn't completely follow. Anyway, I don't need the dialog box size to be adjustable. Yes, it would be great if it could scale, but it doesn't need to for a modest size increase. And if you don't want to adjust the font size, you could allow only the comments field to increase in size. Mine already runs well beyond the fixed size for many entries and increasing the font size won't change the fact that I have to scroll already.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-05-24

But the font size of the Password fields (and only those fields) is adjustable, so the conclusion doesn't completely follow.

The password field does not scale nicely and the password will clip beyond 18pts. The field scaling gives the impression of a workaround.

• SynApps

SynApps - 2014-05-24

By the way, this is a big "please" with a question mark. We can adjust the font of the main interface and the password fields. Why not the rest of the entry dialog?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-05-24

Perhaps sizeable fonts could be a feature of the KeeResize plugin.

Last edit: wellread1 2014-05-24
  • wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-05-24

A good option is to install the KPEnhancedEntryView plugin. The plugin displays the Notes and entry fields in the Entry View panel using the configurable 'List Font'.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks