Menu

Feature to sync settings between KeePass on different computers.

2017-02-03
2020-03-31
  • Robert Ball

Robert Ball - 2017-02-03

I would like to see a feature that enables me to syncronize KeePass program settings between computers. It is time consuming to have to setup everything on each install.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2017-02-03

To speed up setup on new computers replace the active keepass.config.xml with a "template" copy of the keepass.config.xml file that contains your preferred settings. Generally there is no harm in leaving settings that contain paths because these will be updated during the first use. If you prefer you can remove settings that contain paths from your "template" file.

• Paul

Paul - 2017-02-03

The config file has multiple locations, but you most likely want the "local" one.
    http://keepass.info/help/base/configuration.html

cheers, Paul

• Robert Ball

Robert Ball - 2017-03-06

This worked. Thanks. A sync feature would still be nice though.

• Olav R. Birkeland

(I know this feature request is from 2017)

I'd also very much like to be able to sync KeePass settings between computers as well. At least password generation presets would be great, if you'd be able to "fork out" that part.

• Rookiestyle

Rookiestyle - 2020-03-31

Let me "advertise" my PasswordChangeAssistant plugin here
      Password Change Assistant (PCA) helps you with
      changing your passwords stored in KeePass
      synchronizing password profiles as part of database synchronization

Password Profile synchronization is done by saving password profiles within your database.
      This will make them part of database synchronization, meaning it is available everywhere you open the database - given the plugin is installed.

The options menu allows to move a profile from the KeePass configuration to an open database and back anytime.
      To immediatley store a profile within the database simply add " (DB)" as suffix to the profile's name - without the quotes

https://keepass.info/plugins.html#pwchange