No more email notifications?

2012-12-13
2012-12-18
  • Brittney Smith

Brittney Smith - 2012-12-13

Don't see the selection at bottom of posting screen to "follow / monitor this," or what ever it used to say. Don't see any settings in acct options to receive email notification of replies. Is that ability no more?

• Paul

Paul - 2012-12-13

Heading at the top, pencil, tag, wireless.

cheers, Paul

• Brittney Smith

Brittney Smith - 2012-12-13

Gracias. Uh, no comprende.
    I see 2 icons in black header. There's nothing labeled or looks like a pencil. One says "tag"- no idea what I'd be tagging.
    Other - I guess - is the wireless icon.

Under it, is "subscribe to this feed," w/ different options. That doesn't sound like email.

Another button says Subscribe. To a newsletter? Could that be it? Not sure. Besides, they'd put a subscribe, email notification?, "monitor this" option right on the topic page - right? There'd probably be instructions in Sourceforge's main site use documentation?

• Paul

Paul - 2012-12-14

The icons are slightly different between the discussion view and the thread view.
    In the discussion view hovering over the envelope shows "subscribe to this discussion".

cheers, Paul

• Brittney Smith

Brittney Smith - 2012-12-14

Thanks. IN thread view, when click the "wireless icon" w/ label "follow this," pops up another screen w/ different options. What then, hit subscribe?

Users have to click 2 icons / buttons each time, to subscribe to email notifications? In thread view, When click "follow this," brings up page showing recent posts on that thread. If click, Subscribe, it pops up ANOTHER box, to subscribe w/ live bookmarks (w/o checking box, "always use live bookmarks"). I want email notifications.

• Paul

Paul - 2012-12-15

I suggest you ask this one on the Sourceforge forums.

cheers, Paul

• Brittney Smith

Brittney Smith - 2012-12-18

Sourceforge support said there was a problem - forwarding the ticket to engineering team.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks