Full auto-type feature ?

CORBIERE
2013-05-11
2013-05-12
  • CORBIERE

CORBIERE - 2013-05-11

Hi. First of all, congrats from France for this great exe: I use it daily and just love it. I have a question (pls forgive me if already answered as I did not find the topic): I was wondering if Keepass supports (built-in or plugin?) totaly full auto-type like 'Dashlane' does ? (https://www.dashlane.com/en/features): which means fields are being recognized and auto-filled as soon as the website is opened, but also other types of fields like: e-mail & snail addresses, credit card nbrs... etc. Thanks.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-05-11

See the Integration & Transfer section of the KeePass plugin page. The form filler plugins tend to be browser specific.

• CORBIERE

CORBIERE - 2013-05-11

Yes they are. But that's not what I meant: In Keepass, fields are not being recognized and the user needs to setup a sequence order for each data to be filled in the proper field (eg: {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}). Besides, Keepass does not (I believe) support other common datas often used in forms such as name, email, snail address, credit card numbers...etc, does it ? Useful when placing online orders.

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-05-12

Yes they are. But that's not what I meant: In Keepass, fields are not being recognized and the user needs to setup a sequence order for each data to be filled in the proper field (eg: {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}).

I don't know how Dashlane works, but you are correct about how KeePass works. It types keystroke sequences when the user places the cursor in the initial field and then initiates an auto-type. KeePass reads only the window title (e.g. browser tab title). It does not recognize fields on a web page or form-fill.

Besides, Keepass does not (I believe) support other common datas often used in forms such as name, email, snail address, credit card numbers...etc, does it ? Useful when placing online orders.

KeePass 2.x supports custom fields on the entry's Advanced tab. Also, custom multi-field auto-type sequences can be defined on the entry's Auto-type tab for KeePass 2.x and in the notes field for KeePass 1.x. See the Auto-Type help page.

There is also a KPEnhancedEntryView plugin for KeePass 2.x that extends the entry view of KeePass and can be used to display and edit custom fields.

Last edit: wellread1 2013-05-12

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks