For full portability let KP avoid other fldrs

David
2012-05-26
2012-11-20
  • David

David - 2012-05-26

I noticed that KeePass writes some configuration data into the User folder. Why is this so and how can it be forced to write all data only to its own folder (from where it is being run - e.g. a removable USD disk)? I think this is not very thoughtful as it allows to retrieve some personal info from this data - e.g. the name of the KeePass file which was opened and used.

• Paul

Paul - 2012-05-26

Try creating a config file and setting the PreferUserConfiguration flag to false.
    http://keepass.info/help/base/configuration.html

cheers, Paul

• David

David - 2012-05-26

I have a KeePass.config.xml file and this setting is already set to false… (-?)

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2012-05-26

KeePass does not delete orphaned keepass.config.xml files.  Check the last modified time stamp of the keepass.config.xml file that you are concerned about.  If the time stamp does not correspond to the time you last exited keepass it is an orphaned config file and can be deleted.  If the time stamp corresponds to the last keepass exit, check the PreferUserConfiguration flag in the file.  If it is true, change it to false while keepass.exe is not running.

If you continue to have trouble please list the full path of the the problem KeePass.config.xml file.

-wellread1

• David

David - 2012-05-30

Yes, it looks this was the problem. THANKS!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks