Don't show "***********" for empty Password / No Default Password Option

dbareis
2014-05-16
2014-05-16
  • dbareis

dbareis - 2014-05-16

I'd only like to see the stars/asterisks if I have a password in the password field.

And now that I think of it I would rather there be an option whether or not a default password is generated or not, if its there I won't be sure whether its required or not (usually I remember to blank it out when required)...

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2014-05-16

Use the QualityColumn plugin to identify blank passwords when passwords are hidden with asterisks. Blank passwords are 0 bits.

I would rather there be an option whether or not a default password is generated or not,...

Setting the default password to blank, and creating an alternate 'Default Password' profile is equivalent to an option. To set the default password to blank: Open the Password Generator; Select 'Generate using character set:'; Set the 'Length of generated password:' to 0; and Save the profile as '(Automatically generated passwords for new entries)'. Create and save the 'Default Password' profile using the desired settings.

• Paul

Paul - 2014-05-16

The point of showing passwords as asterisks is to prevent people looking over your shoulder and seeing what your password is, or in your case, isn't.

To remove automatically generated passwords go into the password generator and select "Generate using custom algorithm", leaving the drop down as "(None)". Now click the Save icon next to the profile selection drop down, select "(Automatically generated passwords for new entries)" and click Save.

cheers, Paul