Keppass: Windows and Mac

Luisa
2013-03-05
2013-03-06
  • Luisa

Luisa - 2013-03-05

I can't live without KeePass, but I bought an iMac, and I need a program to save passwords so I can open both Windows and Mac

How could I do to use KeePass and work in the same database on both computers?

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-03-05

KeePass 2.x will run on a Mac, but it requires installation of Mono (a .NET replacement), and it seems to be less stable as a result. There appears to be active development in this area and there is at least one unofficial/contributed KeePass package (i.e. KeePass 2.x for Mac OS X) available via the KeePass download page.

Some recent posts on this forum related to KeePass on Mac with Mono can be found with the following search: mono +mac AND mod_date_dt:[2013-01-01T00:00:00Z TO *]

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-03-05

There are also ports of KeePass 1.x for Mac, also available on the KeePass download page.

• Luisa

Luisa - 2013-03-06

Thank you very much for your answers, but I do not know much. It seems that there is no easy way to manage both Windows KeePass on Mac, right? Can you recommend any other program? Greetings from Spain

• wellread1

wellread1 - 2013-03-06

KeePassX is file compatible with KeePass 1.x and runs directly on MacOS 10.4-10., but I don't have any experience with it.

You might want to take a look at LastPass. It is a well regarded cross-platform password manager that runs in the browser, and keeps your passwords in the cloud on LastPass servers.