#28 Fix Google Apps login


A few days ago, Google decided to update my Google Apps mail. Until then KCheckGmail worked just fine, but not anymore.

After looking a bit into the issue, I found that using a modified version (with the "continue" value changed) of gGMailLoginPOSTFormat as gGAP4DLoginPOSTFormat instead of the supplied one made it all work again.

I don't have access to any Google Apps domain that isn't updated (not sure if all domains are updated, but they might be, since the official Gmail blog mentioned something about it), so I'm not sure if this fix works for anyone. In other words, you should perhaps try to make a failback instead of just applying this (quick-fix) patch right away.


  • Joakim Andersson

    • labels: --> Account Handling
  • Raphael Geissert

    Logged In: YES
    Originator: NO

    Last time I tried, GAP4D support was completely broken, will apply the patch and test.
    I've also considered storing the parameters and such in the config file, but I have some security concerns.

  • Raphael Geissert

    • assigned_to: nobody --> atomo64
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Logged In: NO

    Actually, I've been using KCheckGmail for my Google Apps domain since November last year, without any problems until this one.

  • Joakim Andersson

    Logged In: YES
    Originator: YES

    Oops, the last comment was by me, I forgot to log in ;)

  • Raphael Geissert

    • assigned_to: atomo64 --> nobody

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks