Which features do you want ?

2005-12-20
2013-06-04
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Loic Pefferkorn

Loic Pefferkorn - 2005-12-20

Please post here about your features/improvements ideas !

• Tomas

Tomas - 2006-01-13

I would like to have support for multiple GMail accounts. Pop3 and/or imap support too. Though the name is KCheckGmail, which states "Gmail", you could include support for usual protocols too. I like the interface, usability and the fact that I can use KDE wallet and that it's KDE application generally. Because of that I would like to check my other mailboxes using this single program. Thanks for great software!

• E. Nigma

E. Nigma - 2006-11-22

I totally second that!
        Multiple accounts is a must :)

• muczy

muczy - 2007-01-06

+1 on that!

• elef

elef - 2008-03-11

+1 on that!

• ragarth

ragarth - 2008-10-26

Hiya, yes, I set labelA to have 2 unread messages and labelB to have 1 unread message. I then entered this code into gmail's search box: is:unread label:labelA OR label:labelB and it showed all three messages. I then copied that into kcheckgmail and it shows only two messages. It doesn't appear to be parsing anything past the first label:. I figured it was how it was coded, but if this is a bug then I'll post it under help instead. I'm using the latest kcheckgmail 0.5.7.6

• abhay

abhay - 2006-02-18

It will be great feature to somehow view the subjects of the new mails. Don't need to login just to check whether it is something important or not.

• Jason Keirstead

Jason Keirstead - 2006-03-13

I use Firefox, and I have multiple desktops. It would be nice if KCheckGmail could switch to the desktop Firefox is on and raise the window when I click on it to open my Gmail.

I am not even sure if this is really possible but I thought I would give it a shot :)

• Baran

Baran - 2006-05-15

KCheckGmail is an awesome biff program.  I'd like to see this extended to check imap and pop3.

Also, maybe display the subject of the new email as well as the first X amount of letters from the body.

Thanks!

• Anonymous - 2006-06-18

I think that one feature is immediately needed right now--the support for Gmail powered webmails. For instance, an e-mail address like foo@bar.com (hosted by Gmail) should be supported by KCheckGmail.

Thanks!

• koookie

koookie - 2006-12-03

I would like kcheckgmail to be able to change the system tray icon when there are received messages. I consider the feature quite important. Thanks :-)

• shamrok

shamrok - 2007-03-09

Checkgmail which is similiar application (but in gtk) has some nice features that I would like to see in kcheckgmail:

- ability to show unread messages from labels (which are not in inbox)
      - last time of mail checking (while moving pointer over systray icon)
      - short mail snippets in popus (while new mail and pointer over systray icon)
      - possibility to select custom icons for systray

Thanks for this program :-)

• Raphael Geissert

> - ability to show unread messages from labels (which are not in inbox)
        Support for this will be added in the version 0.6.0 (which will also include many other features) which I hope to finish in only a few months.

> - last time of mail checking (while moving pointer over systray icon)
        I will consider this for the version 0.5.6 (which will be released very soon. Sooner if people collaborate with patches to fix bugs).

> - short mail snippets in popus (while new mail and pointer over systray icon)
        This is already planned for version 0.6.0

> - possibility to select custom icons for systray 
        The icon depends on the icons pack you use, you can customise it that way. I have no plans on changing this behaviour, but I'm always open according to what people want and I'm a lot more open to patches that implement those features ;-).

• Raphael Geissert

Some updates:
          The systray icon now displays the owner of the gmail account, there are no plans on making it display anything else.
          Now when you move the mouse over an item in the threads menu there is a small message box that displays part of the email.

• Thomas Damgaard

Thomas Damgaard - 2007-03-28

A configuration option to disable popup notifications. Sometimes it would be nice that only the systray icon gets changed. For instance if I watch video i full screen, I don't want to be disturbed by a popup notification. Also when I am reading or working I don't want to be disturbed by it. Then why do you want kcheckgmail at all, you might ask. Because it is still much easier to just look at the systray and check if an icon has changed than it is to start up a browser and type www.gmail.com and wait for the page to download and render.

• Raphael Geissert

What you are requesting is already possible. Open the kcheckgmail menu and click on "Configure Notifications...", there you can modify the behaviour of the notifications.

• ktulu

ktulu - 2007-05-18

Hi !
      this app is very great, I think it should be great to have an option to hide the gmail systray when there is no new mail. It would just appear when a new mail arrive (like kmail).
      I also think it should be nice to use the gmail icon instead of the google icon.
      thanks  a lot !

• Raphael Geissert

The problem about hiding the icon is that there's no other (simple) way to make it appear again. Maybe I can work something like this for 0.6.0
        About the icon, it's already in my to-do list (I already have an icon, but I have to fix some stuff on it)

• Rudi Pittman

Rudi Pittman - 2007-07-15

1) Ability to mark emails as read from the kcheckmail program.
      2) Ability to specify special notification of specific emails.  (example: I get my voicemails and fax's forwarded to email....from callwave..k7.net etc....I need to know about these ASAP)....but I don't want the alarm going off every time I get a new email.

• Raphael Geissert

> 2) Ability to specify special notification of specific emails. (example: I get my voicemails and
        > fax's forwarded to email....from callwave..k7.net etc....I need to know about these ASAP)....but I
        > don't want the alarm going off every time I get a new email.
        0.5.7 can display the the email subject so you can easily know what it is about. And it also lets you retrieve information via the DCOP interface (and more)

• Jared P. Sutton

Jared P. Sutton - 2007-08-10

It would really be nice to have a proxy option (or at the very least, obey the http_proxy environment variable).  Not having this functionality makes this app impossible to use at my workplace. :(

• Raphael Geissert

KCheckGMail uses the KDE's proxy settings, you should use that.

• ragarth

ragarth - 2008-10-25

It'd be nice if the advanced 'search for' function could parse boolean logic, ie:

is:unread label:foo OR label:bar

I get a lot of emails that I browse occasionally through the day, but there are a handful of labels that are critical that I get to quickly. This would be a major boon for me and I haven't found a notifier capable of this yet.

• Raphael Geissert

have you actually tried it? it should work. Whatever you can use in gmail's search box you can in kcheckgmail's "search for" field.

have fun.

• ragarth

ragarth - 2008-10-26

Hiya, yes, I set labelA to have 2 unread messages and labelB to have 1 unread message. I then entered this code into gmail's search box: is:unread label:labelA OR label:labelB and it showed all three messages. I then copied that into kcheckgmail and it shows only two messages. It doesn't appear to be parsing anything past the first label:. I figured it was how it was coded, but if this is a bug then I'll post it under help instead. I'm using the latest kcheckgmail 0.5.7.6 

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks