Problem with qt-libraries?

Help
Futile
2004-06-25
2013-03-07
  • Futile

Futile - 2004-06-25

Hi!

I was trying to run the ordinary ./configure and solved the various dependencie problems but I got stoped short with the following notice;

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

I run Xandros OS 2 Pro, thus Debian 3.0 (Woody), kernel 2.4.22-x1 and KDE version 3.1.4

Does anyone know what i should do? I tried to apt-get install the various qt-packages (found through; http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=qt&searchon=names&subword=1&version=stable&release=all )

I ran configure between every install, but at some libqt3 package, apt threatened to remove all the software i use in KDE, including Xandros special programs.

I would really appreciate help with this.

• Futile

Futile - 2004-06-26

So, I tried again and this time I managed to get the libqt3-emb-dev installed, and the configure went one step further, and stopped with;

###
      checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not found.
      ###

No sweat, I thought, and ran; "apt-get install libqt3-mt"

This was obviously the package that caused me some concern the other day. apt told me;

###
      The following packages will be REMOVED:
        [...]LOTS OF PROGRAMS[...]

The following NEW packages will be installed:
        libqt3 libqt3-mt
      0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 115 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
      Need to get 5446kB of archives.
      After unpacking 139MB disk space will be freed.
      Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
      ###

Well, this is obviously not a way to go for me. Is there any way to do without the mentioned package?

• Witold Krakowski

Got the same problem on a gentoo. I emerged latest Qt libraries, but still get the message about Qt Qt (>= Qt 3.0) not found..What's going on?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks