Skype 2.0 beta and kb2kskype

Help
Beebock
2007-11-12
2013-04-30
  • Beebock

Beebock - 2007-11-12

Hi All,

I have installed Skype 2.0 beta (with video) and have found that if you make a call from Skype, the kb2kskype UI does not transfer to USB automatically. This needs to be manually done.Apart from this it works fine, Running Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64

Any details needed, please shout.

Richard

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2007-11-14

Can you just clarify; Are you running in PSTN mode, then making a call via Skype and it doesn't place the call or are you in pstn mode and you get an incoming Skype call and it doesn't switch to USB ?

can you give me the output of kb2kskype --debugmessages
      (take out your contact names.)

There is a new version of usbb2k-api online can you make sure you use that first,

Thanks

• Beebock

Beebock - 2007-11-14

Hi,

I'm in PSTN mode, and then make a call to the skype test contact, and it remains in PSTN instead of going to USB. The UI does see the call, here is the output of the --debugmessages, I have upgraded the usbb2k_api

Skype instance found, window id 65011796
        NAME B2K_CONNECTOR
        PROTOCOL 7
        OK
        PROTOCOL 7
        CONNSTATUS ONLINE
        CURRENTUSERHANDLE beebock
        SEARCH FRIENDS
        USERSTATUS ONLINE
        USB Device Found
        [... contacts removed ...]
        SWITCH PSTN
        HANDSET OFF
        MINIMIZE
        OK
        CONTACTS FOCUSED echo123
        CALL 69 STATUS ROUTING
        USER echo123 ABOUT Hi, this is Skype automatic sound test service. Add me to your contact list and give me a call to test your sound setup. See http://www.skype.com/help.html for more assistance. Thank you.
        USER echo123 COUNTRY
        USER echo123 COUNTRY gb United Kingdom
        USER echo123 ABOUT "Hi, this is Skype automatic sound test service. Add me to your contact list and give me a call to test your sound setup. See http://www.skype.com/help.html for more assistance. Thank you."
        USER echo123 ABOUT Hi, this is Skype automatic sound test service. Add me to your contact list and give me a call to test your sound setup. See http://www.skype.com/help.html for more assistance. Thank you.
        USER echo123 COUNTRY
        CALL 69 STATUS RINGING
        CALL 69 VAA_INPUT_STATUS FALSE
        CALL 69 STATUS INPROGRESS
        CALL 69 DURATION 1
        CALL 69 DURATION 2
        CALL 69 DURATION 3
        CALL 69 DURATION 4
        CALL 69 DURATION 5
        CALL 69 DURATION 6
        CALL 69 STATUS FINISHED

Regards
        Richard

• Marcos

Marcos - 2007-11-15

Hi!

If I understood you message write, you are just using the program in the wrong way :)

If you call skype test ( or whoever else ) through your mouse, the call should be spoken thought your microphone/speaker.

Nevertheless if you pick up your phone ( in PSTN mode ) , dial * (star key) and then the quick dial number from skypecall test and the #

than you call should be spoken thought  your telephone.

The idea is to use the phone without touching the computer and vice versa!

Did it work ?
      Marcos

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2007-11-18

I've made a change to the current version so that when the "STATUS ROUTING" message is received it looks if you are in pstn mode and switches. did this only change with skype 2 ? I can't say i ever saw the about messages before.

Try the alpha here http://kb2kskype.sourceforge.net/downloads/kb2kskype-0.3.6-alpha1.tar.bz2

Can you see 1. if it works and 2. if it has adverse effect like it causes you to hang up pstn calls in anyway ?

As I say every time I don't have a PSTN to test with, so this might break everything!

• Beebock

Beebock - 2007-11-18

@Marcos, This might be very 'end user centric' but I expect the thing to react to the input from skype, and not having to use the * key on the phone to get the call through. The app (skype) is set to go through the USB and not through the speakers, therefore double clicking hte call will result in a lot of silence unless I switch to USB.

@Simon, thanks for the app, runnning it up now will report back :)

• Beebock

Beebock - 2007-11-18

Simon,

No luck, the behavior is the same. I did hte upgrdae but wonder if there is an issue with that (ie it didn;t do it correctly) is there something that I can check?

message output

Skype instance found, window id 67108948
        NAME B2K_CONNECTOR
        PROTOCOL 7
        OK
        PROTOCOL 7
        CONNSTATUS ONLINE
        CURRENTUSERHANDLE beebock
        SEARCH FRIENDS
        USERSTATUS ONLINE
        USB Device Found
        [...] ***contact removed***
        SWITCH PSTN
        HANDSET OFF
        MINIMIZE
        OK
        CALL 100 STATUS ROUTING
        USER echo123 COUNTRY
        CALL 100 STATUS RINGING
        CALL 100 VAA_INPUT_STATUS FALSE
        CALL 100 STATUS INPROGRESS
        CALL 100 DURATION 1
        CALL 100 DURATION 2
        CALL 100 DURATION 3
        CALL 100 DURATION 4
        CALL 100 DURATION 5
        CALL 100 DURATION 6
        CALL 100 STATUS FINISHED

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2007-11-18

Try this, I've added a yellow debug message that you will hopefully see which says trying to switch to usb from PSTN what the routing message comes in.

http://kb2kskype.sourceforge.net/downloads/kb2kskype-0.3.6-alpha2.tar.bz2

if you extract and cd to the kb2kskype directory you can do
      ./configure
      make
      ./src/kb2kskype

and that defo runs the new build.

Simon

• Beebock

Beebock - 2007-11-18

yup that worked nice one.

Only 1 little thing that I'm sure you have thought of, the UI does not reflect the change. I'm guessing that you got the code to work and then will take care of those things :)

Nice going, and thanks for the speed. As usual you are bang on the money.

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2007-11-19

The UI reflects the default setting of the device. I believe it stays on PSTN all the time if that is your default mode. (correct me if I'm worng)

I use the radio button of the UI to write to the ~.kb2kskype to write the default startup mode for the next time.

If you like I can add an output to the feedback window if you want.

• Beebock

Beebock - 2007-11-19

Hi,

Yup stays on PSTN. TBH it is up to you whether or not you modify the UI. It really depends on the amount of work, and will anyone really notice?? Part of my job is testing, so I look at these things without thinking, but to be honest, the app is great the way it is :)

again thanks for the speed and the resolution

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2007-11-22

Hi

Can you just check that this version still works I just made a very small change to the bit in question.

http://kb2kskype.sourceforge.net/downloads/kb2kskype-0.3.6-alpha3.tar.bz2

• Beebock

Beebock - 2007-11-22

Hi Simon,

Yup still working.

I need to downgrade my Ubuntu due t network issues that are plagging me (there are a lot of articles on the site about it) so going back to 7.04

I'll have Skype beta 2 on there too, but may be a little while coming back online.

Richard