Menu

[testapp_ui.moc] Segmentation fault core dump

Help
Bob Gamble
2008-06-08
2013-04-30
  • Bob Gamble

Bob Gamble - 2008-06-08

Running Ubuntu 7.10 on amd 64, I've been able to *force* install skype as suggested in some doc I've seen recently (works great).  I am also able to compile/install usbb2k-api-mod-2.8 successfully.  When running *make* while installing kb2kskype-0.3.7 I get the error in the subject.  As far as I know, I've satisfied the dependencies listed at http://kb2kskype.sourceforge.net/install.html and http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=67560&st=20.

The last few lines from running *make* are:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/share/qt3/include -I.   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common  -c -o kb2kmainwindow.o `test -f 'kb2kmainwindow.cpp' || echo './'`kb2kmainwindow.cpp
    /usr/share/qt3/bin/moc testapp_ui.h -o testapp_ui.moc
    make[2]: *** [testapp_ui.moc] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bob/skype/kb2kskype-0.3.7/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bob/skype/kb2kskype-0.3.7'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2008-07-14

Hi sorry for the really really slow reply, I've just got a new job.

The error is with the QT moc tool. What version of QT are you using and which version of moc is in use? You should be using qt3 as I still haven't got around to making a qt4 port yet.

I think you can use some command like "which moc" and you can check that the qt3 moc tool is being called if you have both qt3 and qt4 installed. If you find its running the qt4 one can you just rename the qt4 moc while you carry out this compile. Alternativly can you use the i386 packages as there will be no performance difference between using i386 and x64 (apart from saving soem ram at runtime)

I'll reply quicker next time.

Simon