Menu

Problems on Open SUSE 11.2

Help
2010-02-15
2013-04-30
  • Garrison Lindholm

I installed the usbb2k-api-mod-2.8-1.os111.i586.rpm and kb2kskype-0.3.8-1.os111.i586.rpm without much problem.  I'm running Skype version 2.1.0.47.  Here is my issue after running the usbb2k_api (and I've checked with the usbb2k-api status that it is running) then running skype and finally starting up kb2kskype I'm getting :
    amixer: unable to find simple control 'Mic',1
    it says the same thing about PCM,1
    Even more worrying than this I see nothing in the kb2kskype window about connecting to my usbtelbox and of course I don't here that click of the telbox either.

I've had this working on Ubuntu before but due to some other software needs I need to get it running on openSUSE now, where should I start working to figure out what is wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Koohiisan

Koohiisan - 2010-02-15

I always get the "unable to find" messages.  I suspect it may be due to the PulseAudio integration, but not sure.  Mine works anyway.  What are the messages logged in the kb2kskype window?

Also, you'll want to download the PulseAudio volume control, which will allow you to select the usb telbox's audio devices for Skype.  Run the volume control, then initiate a call (to the test user in Skype is fine).  Skype will only show up for modification if it is in an active audio session.

Setting the audio device in the volume control may be what it takes to get your 'click'.

• Garrison Lindholm

"What are the messages logged in the kb2kskype window?"

That is what I'm most concerned with, I've dealt with pulse audio server stuff before, but I get absolutely nothing for messages in the kb2kskype window.  Also if I set kb2kskype to USB and click test the telbox does not make my phone ring.

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2010-02-16

Can you run "lsyealink" from the terminal and give me the output.

Also:
    with usbb2k_api running, but not kb2kskype run
    api_connect /tmp/usbb2k.sock
    see what output it gives you, check out the man page for commands you can issue. The readme is also useful its in
    /usr/share/doc/usbb2k_api-2.8/README

Might also be worth running usbb2k_api manually with the -f option and looking at its error output when doing the above (I think its -f anyway check with -help first) otherwise type "dmesg" and see what is in the system error log

What version of libusb are you using ?

The amixer error is expected with the pulseaudio changes. This means the kb2kskype volume controls don't do anything anymore. Its not a show stopper though and not related to your current problem.

• Garrison Lindholm

Alright doing my best to help you help me.  Here is the output of lsyealink (I had to run as su):
    USBB2K  2.08 Bus 003/004 DeviceVersion: B2Kv2  Serial: 20 05 04 11 00 00 00 00 00 01 fe

I read the README related to api_connect, when I attempt to run as it states in the readme I don't get past:
    Trying to connect…

I'm assuming this would be the source of my error, it is not connected to the telbox.  After about 90-120 seconds the telbox made one click "line" lit up (nothing plugged into line) and then it went back to just power light on, no line or usb light on.  api_connect continued to try to connect but nothing further happened.

For libusb version I'll list everything libusb pulls up as installed from YaST:
    libusb-0_1-4                0.1.13-2.2
    libusb-1_0-0                  1.0.2-2.2
    libusb-1_0-devel           1.0.2-2.2
    libusb-compat-devel    0.1.3-2.2

Thank you for the active help and I hope I've just mucked something simple up with my noobness.  Hopefully something here will point you to the way of my errors.