Menu

Sound Quality, Echo's

Help
dardack
2009-01-14
2013-04-30
  • dardack

dardack - 2009-01-14

I tried this on Kubuntu 8.04.  It works, but the other person either calling or being called get's an echo of themselves, and there is a slight delay in the voice.  It's noticable when talking with the person.  So just for kicks, I installed Window's XP, and skypemate works perfect, no echo's or sound quality issues.  Is there something I can do in Linux to make it better quality or anything?

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2009-01-27

Hi Sorry for the really slow reply,

This happens to me as well and i haven't found the reason, if you look in the skype config file there is an echo cancellation setting. however all the values i've triend don't seem to fix the problem.

All i can say is i'm aware of it and have no idea what to do to fix it.

Simon 

• dardack

dardack - 2009-01-27

It's all good.  Since it's free software and all I don't blame you.  I did have an extra XP license from an old laptop that I through on my existing file server and now perfect sound.  Would rather have linux on it, but can't beat <$5/month for unlimited calls/phone number.

• Diffident

Diffident - 2009-05-19

I have this problem too.  I can't use windows as I'm using it with twinkle.  Is this device compatible with sip applications in windows?

D.

• len-b2k

len-b2k - 2009-05-20

The echo happening with both corded and cordless phones?