Menu

Ubuntu not Ringing

Help
mkaylor
2007-07-13
2013-04-30
  • mkaylor

mkaylor - 2007-07-13

Built a new machine up with a VIA EPIA-EX motnerboard, 1Gig Ram, Von-Phone RJ11-USB Adapter, Ubuntu 7.04, All the latest Kb2kskype drivers, latest usbb2k-api-mod and Skype 1.4.74.

Loaded the usbb2k-api in /etc/init.d via the usbb2k-api as per directions setting chmod to 777.
    Logging on as a user to load Skype and Kb2kskype.

Everything loads and runs well.  I use my POTS line for incoming calls since I have to have it for DSL anyway and Skype for outgoing.  I have B2K set to USB.

When I receive a Skype phone call the phones ring.  When I receive a POTS call they do not.  That's my problem and I've done a little of everything trying to fix it.  If I set B2K to POTS it rings on a POTS call.  I don't know where to turn from here.

Thanks,
    Mike

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2007-07-14

If you are using a normal land line and usb you have to have kb2kskype set to PSTN mode. Otherwise your normal line will not work.

Let me know if that helps.

Simon

• mkaylor

mkaylor - 2007-07-15

I guess so.  Windows will let you default to USB so outbound calls will use USB and still it will allow PSTN calls to call in and ring the phone.  So your saying it's one or the other but you can't use both?

• Simon_6162

Simon_6162 - 2007-07-15

when in PSTN mode, press the * key and it switches to usb mode and you can make calls just the same as default USB. When you hang up it returns to PSTN mode, incoming skype calls still ring the box in either mode.

Apart from having to start a call with * its no different to windows.