I have been using the karatasi IPhone app for a while and I am so more than happy with it! The only thing is, that I would love to backup the many hours of work…
So is anyone willing to give me an ideas how to get the PC Java sync app up and running? I have downloaded and extracted it and now I don`t really know what to do or how to open the karatasi.jar file.
Any help apreciated! Thank you!
1) As a prerequisite for running the karatasi Java application you need a Java Runtime Environment (JRE, version 5 or higher) installed on your PC. On most PCs this is already pre-installed.
You can test easily if a JRE is installed, and which version, with the following command line:
How exactly to enter the command line depends on the OS of your PC:
- Windows: use the Windows command shell (cmd)
- Unix: use your favorite shell
- MacOS: use the Terminal program
Note that the command shows version 1.5.xxx which means version 5.xxx, or 1.6.xxx which means version 6.xxx.
In any case, you can download the Java Runtime Environment from www.java.com for free.
2) As soon as you have the JRE installed, you can start the karatasi.jar from the command line as follows:
java -jar karatasi.jar
On most PCs you can alternatively click the jar file.
Starting it from the command line has the benefit that it will show crash info when there is a serious problem.
Hope this helps you. Have fun with karatasi!
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.