From: Joaquín Duo <hoakoduo@ya...> - 2008-04-22 23:10:13
We are very happy with the results of the beginning of Google Summer of Code.
We received many very good proposal from students all over the world. Google
will provide 4 stipends for the K-3D organization. This means quite a lot for
Currently the students are submitting the code the presented for their proposals.
These promising projects are:
* An Integrated Shader Designer - Alexander Curtis
* File import/export plugins - Carlos Caballero
* NURBS Modeling Tools - Carsten Haubold
* GPU-Based processing for K-3D filters - Evan Lezar
* OGRE 3D Game engine integration - Mattia Barbiero
* K-3D - Physics Engine Integration - Wendy Langer
You may count 6 projects, because we couldn't get enough slot as good proposals.
Although this 2 students are interested in following their projects, but with
less time for them.
If you would like to share your opinion on the projects subject you may contact
the team through the development mailing list or the forum.
Release of 0.7.3:
Bart released the last K-3D version recently. You may want to check it's new
Next newsletter we will detail the progress of this student and probably a new
release of K-3D with their changes will be released.
The K-3D Team
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.