From: Alex Grönholm <alex.gronholm@ne...> - 2011-02-05 20:50:38
The first production version of Jython-Swingutils has been released. Changes from the last beta include bugfixes, documentation updates, removal of some redundant code and a couple minor changes to semantics.
Install through pip or easy_install or visit the PyPI page at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/jython-swingutils
Browse the source at http://bitbucket.org/agronholm/jython-swingutils/
A prepackaged jar file for Java Web Start deployments is available at bitbucket too.
Documentation can be found athttp://packages.python.org/jython-swingutils/
Jython-Swingutils is a collection of utility classes and helper
functions to make it easier to build Swing user interfaces with Jython.
The helpers provide "pythonic" alternatives to often clumsy Java APIs.
* enhanced table, list and combobox models
* JavaBeans support and automatic property change notification
* an alternative API for adding/removing event listeners
* a powerful data binding system that supports Swing components
* preferences access
* text field formatters
* shortcuts for loading resources (images or generic data) via class loaders
* shortcuts for basic dialogs
* enhanced file selection dialogs
* wrappers for loading JFormDesigner forms
* decorators and functions for safely accessing the GUI from any thread
* support for running background tasks in separate threads
Requires Jython 2.5.1 or later. Works best with v2.5.2rc3 or later.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.