From: Alex Grönholm <alex.gronholm@ne...> - 2010-11-13 04:32:27
The second beta version of Jython-Swingutils has been released.
This version adds several bug fixes, a few new features and some other changes.
The changelog can be found at http://bitbucket.org/agronholm/jython-swingutils/src/tip/CHANGES.rst
Install through pip or easy_install or visit the PyPI page athttp://pypi.python.org/pypi/jython-swingutils
Browse the source athttp://bitbucket.org/agronholm/jython-swingutils/
Documentation can be found at http://packages.python.org/jython-swingutils/
Jython-Swingutils is a collection of utility classes and helper
functions to make it easier to build Swing user interfaces with Jython.
The helpers provide "pythonic" alternatives to often clumsy Java APIs.
* enhanced table, list and combobox models
* JavaBeans support and automatic property change notification
* an alternative API for adding/removing event listeners
* a powerful data binding system that supports Swing components
* preferences access
* text field formatters
* shortcuts for loading resources (images or generic data) via class loaders
* shortcuts for basic dialogs
* enhanced file selection dialogs
* wrappers for loading JFormDesigner forms
* decorators and functions for safely accessing the GUI from any thread
* support for running background tasks in separate threads
Requires Jython 2.5.1 or later.
WARNING!! The examples DO NOT WORK with Jython 2.5.2rc2! The problem should be fixed in 2.5.3rc3, and rc1 should work fine too.
Feedback would be very much appreciated! I didn't get any for the first beta :(
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.