Newbie: Require help!!!

Rajiv Nair
2005-02-28
2013-03-22
  • Rajiv Nair

Rajiv Nair - 2005-02-28

Hi
    <p>
    I've just installed JXUnit3.1.3 an everything seems to be working fine. But I can't figure out how to run qjml2qiml. Couldn't find the bat file anywhere and when i try to run it by <b><i>'java com.jxml.quick.util.qjml2qiml.QJML2QIML X.qjml X.qiml' </i></b>, it gives me a NoClassDefFound error. Basically I want to pass an arraylist through test.jxu and check the values in my Test class. Any pointers???</p>

• Thomas.P.Varghese

Hi

Its in the bin directory named cfgQjml2Qiml. Hope this may help

Cheers
      Thomas

• Rajiv Nair

Rajiv Nair - 2005-02-28

C:\Vodafone\Development\JXUnits\catalog>cfgQjml2Qiml dataList.qjml dataList.qiml

C:\Development\JXUnits\catalog>call cfg.bat classpath:///com/jxml/quick/util/qjml2qiml/qjml2qiml.config dataList.qjml dataList.qiml

C:\Development\JXUnits\catalog>call quickClasspath.bat
      java.lang.NullPointerException
              at weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$RewindableInputStream.read(XMLEntityManager.java:3408)
              at weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:847)
              at weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:782)
              at weblogic.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:260)
              at weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:499)
              at weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:581)
              at weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
              at weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1175)
              at weblogic.xml.jaxp.WebLogicXMLReader.parse(WebLogicXMLReader.java:135)
              at weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryXMLReader.parse(RegistryXMLReader.java:152)
              at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(XMLReaderAdapter.java:223)
              at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(XMLReaderAdapter.java:200)
              at com.jxml.quick.engine.QCMLBindings.parse(Unknown Source)
              at com.jxml.quick.Quick.parse(Unknown Source)
              at com.jxml.quick.config.Main.main(Unknown Source)

• Thomas.P.Varghese

hi SpicyFingers

Can you post  your Qjml source so that i can have a better understanding of it.

Thomas

• Rajiv Nair

Rajiv Nair - 2005-02-28

My QJML Source...
      It's from the primer... It should work...

<qjml root="dataList">
          <bean tag="dataList">
              <rem>A list of String objects</rem>
              <targetClass>java.util.ArrayList</targetClass>
              <elements>
                  <item coin="dataItem" repeating="true">
                      <identity kind="list"/>
                  </item>
              </elements>
          </bean>
          <text tag="dataItem">
              <rem>A simple text value</rem>
          </text>
      </qjml>

• Thomas.P.Varghese

I am able to produce the correct output. I am a bit doubtful about your  XML parser. Try to use the default crimson parser. In your case it seems to be defaulting to weblogic name space based parser.

Just a doubt!

Cheers
      Thomas

• Thomas.P.Varghese

Changing parsers should not be a problem. I am able to successfully get the QIML while testing it with Xerces2 Java Parser 2.6.2  from Apache :-)

Cheers
      Thomas

• Rajiv Nair

Rajiv Nair - 2005-03-01

No luck yet. It's probably something to with my config. Will wrestle some more..Thnx a lot :)

• Ervin Varga

Ervin Varga - 2005-03-01

Have you correctly configured JXUnit as written in the primer (part 1)? You can find them at the following address:  http://qare.sourceforge.net/web/2001-12/products/jxunit/index.html

If you have not read those articles I really recommend you to do.

/evarga