Menu

Some JXWeb Contributor Question

2002-05-06
2002-05-06
  • Eric Gulatee

Eric Gulatee - 2002-05-06

Hi,

I've been working with JXWeb for about two weeks, I've found that I love the framework.  The binding mechanism is very very powerful, allowing for a great level of flexibility.  However I've found I've needed to build my own tags to handle some cases that aren't very well supported by default. 

Therefore I have some questions: 
      - How do I contribute new tags? 
      - Are there any code reviews?
      - Who decides what is accepted and what is not.

Cheers,
    Eric.

• Bill la Forge

Bill la Forge - 2002-05-06

- How do I contribute new tags?
      - Are there any code reviews?
      - Who decides what is accepted and what is not?

The short answer is that you decide what to do and how to do it. I'll be available to help, as will some others.

You may be able to get additional help (like code reviews). Perhaps Thomas or others will be interested in working with you.

You and anyone else who is interested in contributed can update the code base--you now have been added as a developer. If you don't know CVS, there may be a bit of a challenge here for you as well.

I am retaining administrative privileges, control of releases and the home page. For now. If you want something changed or released, just ask.

JXUnit and JXWeb have been kept very light weight in the hope that others would then be more likely to contribute. We've only implemented the bare minimum of features that we needed.

One last thing. If you have an employer who is in any way sponsoring this activity, I'd be more than glad to let them have as much credit/visibility as they are interested in. This is a point where I believe the new Open source community differes from the old Free software community.

All the best. If you sustain an interest, I will have some suggestions of my own reguarding JXUnit.

Bill