Problem with html message

Help
2008-12-04
2013-04-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, I had a problem when sending mail with html message. I can send text mail through all smtp server I got. But if I add html message, some smtp server will not send mail for me(the response of the server is still 250). Can anyone have an idea how could this happend? Thanks a lot!

• John Wiggins

John Wiggins - 2008-12-04

It may be that the receiving server is marking the mail as spam and silently throwing it away. Although sending a 250 reply to this would be bad form,  and a waste of that server's resources if it thinks you are a spammer, but not wrong per se.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I tried to use outlook to send mail with html format(or attachment) with the same stmp setting and the recipient will get the mail. Did outlook do something that made it pass the spam check? It is hard to understand this situation with my poor knowledge. Thank you very much!

• John Wiggins

John Wiggins - 2008-12-05

jwSMTP can send mail using login or plain authentication, try sending using login first. Unfortunately it dows not do TLS or MD5, so if the server requires auth it must be able to accept these 2 types only.

see http://johnwiggins.net/jwsmtp/interface.html, the login section

• Nobody/Anonymous

I will study more about this subject. Thanks a lot!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks