HELP getting started please!!!

Help
2004-08-14
2004-08-18
  • superduperlopez

superduperlopez - 2004-08-14

Hi everyone,

I am completely new to JWNL 1.3 and WordNet 2.0 and am having some difficulties getting started......I would really appreciate if anyone could help me.....I am working on a project that uses JWNL and WordNet to find similarities between words and eventually between documents......

I am using Eclipse as my platform for Java. I have started a new project there and put in it the java code from Examples.java and all the packages from JWNL. It compiles fines and it runs fine BUT............it doesn't do anything. I simply get a message saying "java examples <properties file>" when running it, but nothing else. I wonder what I am doing wrong......

Do I have to link JWNL with WordNet somewhere, somehow?

Do I have to specify a path somewhere for a text file to be loaded by JWNL so that it does something with it?

Please email me to superduperlopez@ntlworld.com

Thank you for you help.

• minoan_boy

minoan_boy - 2004-08-18

...I guess you have to change a line in the file file_properties.xml (the line that indicates the path to the wordnet dictinary) and to run the example with this file in parameter ;-)

Anthony Ventresque,
      LINA Nantes, France.

• superduperlopez

superduperlopez - 2004-08-18

Thank you Anthony but I sorted all that out some days ago.

Now I am having problems when trying to find the relationship between two words.

Any help in that area would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks