#29 Error in getSenseKey in Dictionary


I think the getSenseKey method in Dictionary retrieves the sense key in wrong way. I have tested the method with WordNet 1.7.1.
For the test I have used Senseval-3 all-words baseline for first sense.
I have computed the baseline using the getSenseKey and I obtained a precision of 60.9%.
Using directly the index.sense file and Perl API for WordNet I obtained a precision of 65.1%.
The second result is correct because I compared it with the official baseline. I think that there is a bug in getSenseKey and also the method is very slow.


  • Pierpaolo Basile

    • priority: 5 --> 9
  • Brett Walenz

    Brett Walenz - 2009-02-20

    This should be fixed in the trunk now. I'm going to move this to pending so that I can verify it during release testing.

    I fixed the speed and the results should be more accurate. It wasn't accounting for adjective satellites.

  • Brett Walenz

    Brett Walenz - 2009-02-20
    • status: open --> pending-fixed
  • SourceForge Robot

    This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was
    previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter
    did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by
    the administrator of this Tracker).

  • SourceForge Robot

    • status: pending-fixed --> closed-fixed

Log in to post a comment.