Logon problem

Help
christylai
2005-01-04
2013-04-09
  • christylai

christylai - 2005-01-04

Hi,

I am a student that needs to develop a mail classification application on Jwma. I've got problem using Jwma 0.9.8, my configuration:

1. back-end mail server: Exchange Server 2000 - this is my first time to use exchange, I have used the default setting, and understand how to setup mail user account. I've checked that SMTP and IMAP virtual servers are available on the Exchange server, since I could telnet my_computer with port 25 (smpt) and 143(imap). Also, I've tested with outlook 2003 that mail user could send and receive mail via intranet.

2. Application server: Tomcat 5.0.30 on Windows 2000.

3. In tomcat\webapps\webmail\WEB-INF\etc, I have changed only 3 lines in site_template.xml.

<rootfolder> </rootfolder>
      <draftfolder>Drafts</draftfolder>
      <trashfolder>Deleted Items</trashfolder>

According to the guideline, it must leave rootfolder tag empty. I am sorry, I dont know the mean of empty, and I only leave a space in the rootfolder tag: <rootfolder> </rootfolder>
    Am I correct?

In configuration.xml, I've changed the following lines:

<mta name="Default MTA" authenticated="false" secure="false">
      <protocol>smtp</protocol>
      <address>kakac.mine.nu</address>
      <port>-1</port>

<postoffice name="Default PostOffice" default="true" type="mixed" secure="false">
      <protocol>imap</protocol>
      <address>kakac.mine.nu</address>
      <port>-1</port>
      <rootfolder />
      <replyto-domain>wimpi.net</replyto-domain>
      </postoffice>

In address tag, that is my computer domain which I've registered in a free domain service webpage.

My problem is that I only can access the first page, login.jsp, and I cannot use my exchange mail user account to login. Did I do something wrong, so that I cant logon properly. Please advise me!

christylai

• Leonard Sitongia

Hi,

Is this still a problem?

==Leonard