Menu

All Draft messages have same date

Help
ramki
2005-09-14
2013-04-09
  • ramki

ramki - 2005-09-14

1. I initially have a problem with sending the message which is saved as drafts, after going through the forum and bug list, I have made modification to the JwmaSendMail.java i.e.
    commented the if (savedraft) statement.
    //open draft message
          //if (savedraft) {
            message.openDraft(session.getJwmaStore());
          //}

Now I'm able to send mails which are saved as drafts, but the date of all mails which are stored in drafts folder is changing to the current system date when I get into the drafts folder. I'm using Jwma 0.9.8.

2. When I open a message which has an attachement in the drafts folder , I get 'javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@1be4663' as body of the mail.

Thank you.

If I save a message (save as draft) which has attachments in it and try to open in it in the d

• Leonard Sitongia

I'm running the development version, and see that the date changes.  It seems reasonable to me that the date on the draft would change to the time that it is sent, rather than the time it was saved as a draft.

I see the same factor with the attachment.  The attachment doesn't seem to be formatted right.  Looks like a bug.

==Leonard

• ramki

ramki - 2005-09-16

Leonard,

I have created couple of mails on 14th sep and saved them as drafts. Today i.e. 16th sep, when I just click on the drafts folder, the mails which I saved on 14th sep are now showing 16th sep. There is change in date of all mails which were saved on 14th sep by Just getting into the draft folder. Is this functionality normal ?

Thank you.

cheers,
      Ramki.

• Leonard Sitongia

Hi Ramki,

Yes, that behavior is normal.  The display of the draft message folder simply shows the current date.  The message has not been send nor received, so in a sense the date is undefined.  For convenience, the current date is shown.

==Leonard

• ramki

ramki - 2005-09-27

Leonard,

Thank you very much for the update.

cheers,
      Ramki.