Still alive?

2000-08-19
2000-09-04
  • Cees de Groot

Cees de Groot - 2000-08-19

Is this project still alive? I've downloaded 0.4, but it doesn't work under Linux (stack overflow somewhere - I do grant, though, that I'm still on Tcl/Tk 8.0 so I'll upgrade first).

Where's the CVS repository? I'd be happy to give this thing a shot under Linux (mainly because of IDLE), but I do want to work with CVS...

• Cees de Groot

Small correction: IDLE crashes the JVM,
      but the solitaire sample seems to work under Linux!

• Cees de Groot

The crash occurred when executing:

".6758293.text tag configure hit -background #000000 -foreground #ffffff" via Tkapp_Call(). What happens is that whatever sits behind (*info.proc) modifies its argv. Argv[0] on return points to something that is /not/ a string returned by GetStringUTFChars. When releasing the string array, the JVM chokes on ReleaseStringUTFChars when passed argv[0], because it is something that it didn't return.

Solution: Don't try Tcl_GetCommandInfo, just pass everything straight on to Tcl_Eval().

• Finn Bock

Finn Bock - 2000-08-19

jTkinter is slightly comatose, mainly because IDLE is no longer an essential
      part of the python world. I intend to update it with the lastest changes from
      CPython but it is a low priority.

I will try to move the sources to CVS this weekend so you can work from that.

• Cees de Groot

Cees de Groot - 2000-09-04

I haven't followed Python too closely the last year or so - why is IDLE "no longer an essential part..."?

Checked out the sources. Want to upgrade to the latest Tcl/Tk, if the problem persists I'll commit by patches.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks