We have been using the drive in an application called Cleo Clarrify. Cleo uses this driver to call over to an mssql2012 server. Both servers are windows server 2012R2. This has been working flawlessly for years.
We have just recently built a new VM (win2012R2) and installed SQL2016. Everything stayed the same on the Cleo server. The DBA team upgraded all mssql instances to 2016.

Since then we have had many issues, The Cleo app makes the call using a string like:
jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://srvName:1433;DatabaseName=Cleo;USENTLMV2=true;domain=myD.com
The Cleo application can open the connection and start send data, then the connection timesout (20sec timeout). It tries multiple times to send data then fails.
Primary: SQL Access error: ProductReturnUnitLookupSQL: The connection to DriverID: c5b23ba150fe4177b224ce0150da615b DatabaseURL: the string above

We are going to attempt an MS version of the driver for java, but i think the JTDS should work.
When my DBA team researches this driver, they tell me its not labeled to support mssql 2016.

What is the position regarding mssql2016?
Are you having any other customers having mssql16 issues?
Any feedback or guidance is appreciated.