Is this project still active?

Developers
Daniel
2010-06-05
2013-03-13
  • Daniel

Daniel - 2010-06-05

Hi there,

I am wondering if this project is still active? Tried running it, runs fine, however some icons and UI require some cosmetic adjustments, plus jstock-cloud on appspot seems to be missing.

• yccheok

yccheok - 2010-06-05

"I am wondering if this project is still active?" -> Yes. This project is very active. Instead, if you check under investment software category, our rating is #1 for "Downloads" section. Our plan is to have a release for every 1-2 months, with incremental bug fixing and feature enhancement.

"Tried running it, runs fine, however some icons and UI require some cosmetic adjustments" -> I am not sure what does it means by cosmetic adjustments? Are you using latest JStock 1.0.5L?

I tested the cloud storage feature, work fine for me. What problem you have been facing?

• Mvikeli Njozela

Mvikeli Njozela - 2010-06-10

Hi yccheok, I dont know if you got my email but I wanted to contribute to contribute on one of the feature requests. you can email me on samurai.protector@yahoo.com. This program is awesome. :)

• yccheok

yccheok - 2010-07-07

augustus7, OK. I saw your email and had replied to you :) Thanks for interested in JStock project.

• jollybee

jollybee - 2011-07-25

Hi YCC,

I tested JStock, and I think it would be nice to have additional features such as;

1.  Database for every broker's portfolio, with different type of trading/ margin account,  pre-set commission and stamp /clearing values.  User can pick and define according to % of brokerage and % of Clearing fee.

2.  For transaction entry, it would be nice to have due date, and Contract number.   Buy and Sell entry will trace each other according to Contract number.  This feature will allows user to enter transaction entry from the latest to earliest.

3. It would be nice to have IMPORT function, esp user from other system can Export to Excel CSV format and import to JStock by assigning the fields correctly.

4. A mobile texting message to handphone users……………upon reaching the Price target.

By the way, do you accept new comer as programmer for JStock?  I wish I can contribute some of the above recommendations.