Where is JStock External Library

Developers
yccheok
2009-11-05
2013-03-13
  • yccheok

yccheok - 2009-11-05

After developers download JStock source code, they may find, they need a list of external library to compile JStock.

Due to the huge size of JStock library, I will not upload it to the download place. Instead, developers need to use a CVS client, to explicitly check out from

*cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@jstock.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jstock co -P jstock-ext*

However, due to the mistake I had made during early development of JStock, you may realize some jar files are in Text format instead of Binary format. You need to perform explicitly special switch, to turn the Text format into Binary format. I apologize for this.

If you have any problem in compiling JStock source code, please post at this forum thread.

• betaben

betaben - 2009-12-09

Hello,
         I'm trying to compile the the newest version 1.0.5e on my mac, (again), and so I'd like to convert the text format to binaries. How do I do this?
    Thanks in advance!

PS it would be useful to put the information above somewhere in the external libraries download screen (even if in a sole readme file).

• yccheok

yccheok - 2009-12-10

If I am not mistaken, it should be something like this

update -P -f -d -kb

If not, google to search for answer ;)

• betaben

betaben - 2009-12-16

just for completeness, this command works on Mac OSX 10.4 with cvs - i.e.
    cvs update -P -f -d -kb

• Peter Kane

Peter Kane - 2010-07-13

Hi, I am trying to build jstock 1.0.5m.
    I am behind a company firewall, so can't get access to the CVS.
    I have managed to almost build everything, but am having trouoble with jhotdraw.
    Can you tell me what version of jhotdraw is used in 1.0.5m?

I would like to contribute to the project as a developer. I have developed a similar product for my own purposes using java, netbeans + swing. I prefer to use google price data, and my app has a database interface for persistence.
    My next development step was to migrate to netbeans framework. Have you considered this?

• Peter Kane

Peter Kane - 2010-07-13

I manually loaded the .jar file from the CVS repository and I've now built and run the 1.0.5.
    Do you have any preferences for some coding?

• Peter Kane

Peter Kane - 2010-07-15

Hi, yes I would like to contribute some code. I have managed to build jstock 1.0.5 on my windows machine at work, but intend to develop on my ubuntu machine at home. Tonight I will set up jstock on that machine.
    Is the procedure to contribute to find an issue or request and submit that to you?
    I have been developing a similar system to jstock for my own purposes, and was getting it ready to go open-source when I found your project.
    Have you considered converting to netbeans platform?

• yccheok

yccheok - 2010-07-15

You may refer to http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jstock/index.php?title=Main_Page#I_want_to_be_a_Programmer

Currently, we are focusing in supporting China stock market. However, we do welcome any small features/ bug fixing to be slotted in together with China Stock Market release.

So, may I know had you released your open source project? :)

We have no intention to use netbeans platform. As netbeans platform may seem appealing to people who are computer literate. However, it will become a "difficult used software", to people who are not computer literate. and this violate the JStock Philosophy : "Make Your Stock Investment Fun and Easy"

• DeathCoder

DeathCoder - 2013-01-19

Hey @Yccheok,<br />
    Making the future Programmers getting the external Library one after one do not make life since :)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks