From user perspective, JStock will have new menu items under File

Open…
        Save As…
        -------
        Backup…
        Restore…
        -------
        Exit

When "Backup…" is being clicked, a 2 pages wizard modal dialog box will being pop up.

For the 1st page of the wizard, it will contain 2 radio boxes. "Save to local" and "Save to cloud (web)". When "Save to local" is being chosen, user is required to provide local file path. When "Save to cloud (web)" is being chosen, user are required to provide their registered account information (username and password).

For the 2nd page of the wizard, a progress bar will be shown. The activities done in 2nd page, will depend from what is being chosen from the 1st page.

1. "Save to local" - Save the information as a single zip file.
    2. "Save to cloud (web)" - Verify account information. Save the information as a single zip file. Network transfer the saved zip file to cloud (web). When there is networking being involved, HTTPSshould be used, for maximum security purpose.

For 'Restore…", the wizard page will be similar interface. Except for saving, we will perform loading.

For Google App Engine backed perspective (cloud usage), we need to provide the following features :

1. Able to accept uploaded zip file, through HTTPS protocol, once user account is being verified.
    2. Able to accept download zip file request, through HTTPS protocol, once user account is being verified.
    3. Able to keep track the network bandwidth, used by the users. The parameters should not be limited to network bandwidth, but any parameters, which Google may $$$ charge us :
    4. Prevent user from further uploading or downloading, once his quota is hit.
    5. All these services shall be deployed as standard RESTFUL web service.
    6. User need not to register this service explicitly. He just need to key in his existing Google account. Google App Engine SDK shall already come with API to verify users Google Account.
    7. We should have a "admin only accessed" web page page, to manage/monitor this service. For example, we can ban certain users from using this service, if we find out that they are abusing.
    8. The data shall be stored in the following directory sturcture ( JStock->User->Zip file). Take in mind that, in the future, we wish to deploy this service to other open source project. Hence, they may store it in the way (Notepad->User->Zip file).

That's all right now. Any comment, please post under this thread.

Right now, I am not sure that whether it is right we may $$$ charge users, who hits quota limit, but wish to further use this service. Does SourceForge prevent us from doing this? I will find out about this and update this thread.

: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2833216&group_id=202896&atid=983421
      : http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/billing.html#Billable_Quota_Unit_Cost

• yccheok

yccheok - 2009-09-29

Opps. It seems that Numbered List feature in this new forum is not working well.

1. List0
    2. List1
    3. List2

We should see numbering on List0, List1, List2, didn't we?

• yccheok

yccheok - 2009-11-05

This feature is being completed and closed after 1.0.5c

Here is the comment from one of the users :

> Hi Cheok,
    >
    > I am very glad and feel fortunate to
    > see the evolution of JStock.
    > Especially the latest version 1.0.5c
    > reduced time to manage my portfolio.
    > Earlier, I had to update the
    > transactions at both from my office
    > and my home as I use two different
    > desktops. Thanks a ton for your
    > wonderful job.
    >
    > BTW, Is it possible to change the way
    > of downloading the updates? For each
    > new version of JStock, I have to
    > download around 15 - 20MB of
    > installation file. Will it be possible
    > to change it to an incremental setup
    > file? Just a thought. It would save
    > the bandwidth as well as the download
    > time.
    >
    > regards, Silambu Chelvan

**I must give this KUDO to our web programmer - Shuwn Yuan Tee. She did an excellent job, by using her quality web programming skill, to develop and deploy this useful cloud web application**

After first day launch, I see there is ~20 users are using our cloud storage. I expect to see a grow, in near coming future. After than, we may need to limit number of usage per day for every users, due to the quota limited by Google.